Since the launch of the Forum, we have:
- run local meetings in different parts of the area;
- got formal designation of the Forum by the City Council;
- obtained funding for the Forum to produce the Neighbourhood Plan;
- engaged a consultant to help us with the Neighbourhood Plan;
- started four working groups to look at the topics in the Neighbourhood Plan;
- responded to the City Local Plan Consultations in 2017 and 2020;
- produced a Baseline Report on Knighton;
- obtained funding for bicycle racks outside shops in Knighton;
- obtained funding for pollution monitoring in Knighton;
- and worked to develop the Neighbourhood Plan for Knighton…
We have been made aware that fake NHS text and emails have been circulating recently.
Working groups began to meet again using Zoom in late 2020 and expect to meet again in early 2021. Find out more about the Conservation and Heritage, Housing and Planning, and Transport working groups.
The Forum has got funding for a portable air quality monitoring system for a year, which allows us to undertake the first systematic study of air quality in the Knighton area. This will help to provide evidence for ways of reducing air pollution and future transport policies.
Catch up on what the Conservation and Heritage and Housing and Planning Working Groups are doing and find out when they are meeting in January.
Members of the steering group recently carried out a fun opinion poll to see whether local residents like trees along the roads in Knighton.
Back in December 2017, two of our members put a proposal on behalf of the Forum to the Ward Community Budget for some money to install bike racks outside Knighton Corner Stores after it became a local Post Office, to encourage people to cycle locally. We have heard...
Getting more involved with Knighton Neighbourhood Forum Everyone seems to have a busy life, so we appreciate that you have come along to a meeting or visited our website to support our local community, find out more and contribute to discussion. Would you have the...
Looking for ways to make contact with people in Knighton, a small group recently took part in the regular Tuesday night quiz at the Cradock. Having enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, we asked if there would be any chance of holding a Knighton themed round. Rob, the...
Knighton Neighbourhood Forum met on 17th October to consider the response to the Leicester City Council Consultation on the Emerging Options Stage of the Local Plan, and in particular the potential development sites. The Forum approved the response below on behalf of...
The Local Plan Working Group has met twice to consider the documents published by the City Council as part of the Leicester Local Plan consultation. The proposed response is summarised in this report: Knighton Forum Local Plan Consultation Responses 2017. The next...